Collection and Use of Information
Of further note about the information we collect:
- Content Sharing: The information and material you share on the Site are intended for viewing by other Site users, including your photos, comments, geographic location, and personal information. By posting on the Site, you agree to permit us to disclose the information and material you post, including disclosure to other users or to the general public.
- Communications: When you enter your email address on the Site you are opting in to receive communications from us or about Kentucky Student Voice Team, including promotional, marketing, and advertising information and recommendations that Kentucky Student Voice Team believes may be of interest to you. Consistent with applicable laws, including United States CAN-SPAM laws and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) laws, you can opt out of certain email communications by clicking “unsubscribe” on those communications, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative or legal notices from us.
- Site Activity/Automatically Collected Information: We collect and may store information about your use of the Site, such as your search activity, the pages you view, and the date and time of your visit. We also collect and may store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the Site, such as your browser type and version, type of computer or mobile device, computer connection, browser language, IP address, ad data, mobile carrier, unique device identifier, Wi-Fi connection, geo-location, and requested and referring URLs.
Cookies And Other Tracking Technologies
It may be possible to disable Cookies through your device or browser settings. The method for disabling cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in preferences or security settings. Disabling cookies may, however, affect your ability to use the Site.
Sharing Your Information
We may share the information we collect about you with third parties in connection with your use of the Site. Our information-sharing with third parties falls into these categories and purposes:
- Agents, Contractors, Business Partners and Service Providers: We may share your information with our agents, contractors, business partners or other service providers and third parties as needed to host, operate and carry out the performance and functionality of the Site, improve the Site, fulfill your requests, facilitate relevant marketing and sharing information about us and our activities to you, or provide customer support. We cannot control third parties' use of your information. Generally, however, we limit the information provided to service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
- Other Third Parties: We may share your information with certain third parties who may contact you regarding related education initiatives.
- Other Users/General Public: Information that you post on the Site (e.g., photos, comments, geographic location, your profile) may be made available to other users of the Site and the general public.
- Aggregate Information: Kentucky Student Voice Team may share information relating to visitors and users of the Site with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties on an aggregate basis. While this information will not identify you personally, in some instances these third parties may be able to combine this information with other data they have about you, or that they receive from third parties, in a manner that allows them to associate this aggregated data with your personal data.
- Investigations: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you, as permitted by applicable law, if we have a good-faith belief that such investigation or disclosure is (a) reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding or other legal process served on us; (b) helpful to prevent, investigate or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site; or (c) helpful to protect our rights, reputation, property or that of our users, subsidiaries or the public.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. The Site is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then you are not permitted to use the Site in any manner that reveals personally identifiable information about yourself (such as your name, email, address or location). If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 13 years has obtained an account on the Site, then you may alert us at email@example.com and request that we delete that child's personally identifiable information from our systems.
We allow minors between ages 13 and 18 to use the Site and also permit such minor users control over removing any content or information they have posted to the Site. If you are a minor between ages 13 and 18 and would like content or information removed and are having difficulty removing the content or information on your own, please send your removal requests or removal-related questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of your personally identifiable information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Site, and you do so at your own risk. We cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice through the Site if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should notify us at email@example.com.
If you access or use the Site on behalf of any company, partnership, or other entity, you represent that you have authority to bind such entity and its affiliates to this Agreement and that it is fully binding on such entity. The term "you," as used in this Agreement, will refer to such entity and its affiliates. If you do not have authority to bind such entity, you may not access or use the Site.
We reserve the right at any time, with or without cause, to:
- change the terms and conditions of this Agreement, provided that notice of change shall be posted with the new terms and conditions of this Agreement;
- change the Site, including eliminating or discontinuing any Information or Services or other feature of the Site; and
- deny or terminate your use of and/or access to the Site.
Any changes we make will be effective immediately upon our making such changes available on the Site or otherwise providing notice thereof. You agree that your continued use of the Site after such changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes. Be sure to return to this page periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version of this Agreement.
No Use By Children Under 13
You hereby affirm that you are over the age of 13, as the Site is not intended for children under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then you are not permitted to use the Site in any manner that reveals personally identifiable information about yourself (such as your name, email, address or location). You further affirm that you are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations and warranties set forth in this Agreement, and to abide by and comply with this Agreement.
Permitted Use Of Services And Information
The services made available on, by or through the Site, which include or may include, without limitation, (collectively, the "Services"), as well as any information provided on, by or through the Site or as part of or in connection with the Services or otherwise, including but not limited to Kentucky Student Voice Team Reports, Kentucky Student Voice Team Podcasts, Kentucky Student Voice Team The New Edu Articles data, text, graphics, designs, logos, images, sounds, music, other audio/visual materials, links, references, artwork, and computer code (collectively, the "Information"), are provided for personal use only. Kentucky Student Voice Team permits you to view and print a reasonable number of copies of webpages located on the Site for your own personal use, but not for any for-profit or commercial purpose or for resale, provided that (a) you retain all trademark, copyright, and other proprietary notices contained in the original materials, (b) you provide attribution to Kentucky Student Voice Team, and (c) any such copies are subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. You understand and agree that you may not authorize any Information to be reproduced, modified, displayed, performed, transferred, distributed or otherwise used by any third party, and you agree that you will take all reasonable steps to prevent any unauthorized reproduction and/or other use of the Information. You agree to advise Kentucky Student Voice Team promptly of any such unauthorized use of which you are aware. Failure to abide by these conditions will immediately terminate this permission and may result in the infringement of the copyrights and/or trademarks and other proprietary rights of Kentucky Student Voice Team or others.
If you are a governmental or nonprofit entity, or an employee thereof, you may download, copy, distribute and use the available Information solely for the purpose of furthering your organization's mission in the ordinary course of your governmental or charitable operations so long as such use is for non-commercial purposes and made available to third parties without a fee, and provided that you comply with the conditions noted in (a) - (c) above in this section.
If and when you provide information to Kentucky Student Voice Team, you agree to (a) provide accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted (including your email address) and (b) maintain and update your information (including your email address) to keep it accurate, current and complete. You acknowledge that, if any information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we may terminate your use of the Site.
Postings And Other Submissions
Kentucky Student Voice Team acknowledges and agrees that you, or your licensors as applicable, retain ownership of any and all copyrights in the Content, subject to the non-exclusive rights granted to Kentucky Student Voice Team in the paragraph above, and that no ownership of such copyrights is transferred to Kentucky Student Voice Team under these terms.
By posting or providing any Content on the Site, you represent and warrant to Kentucky Student Voice Team that you own or have the right to use and permit us to use and license such Content in the manner stated in this Agreement.
You agree not to post or provide any Content that belongs to any person other than yourself or that contains the name, voice or likeness of any person other than yourself unless you first obtain permission to do so, and to grant to us the rights granted in this Agreement, from that person.
You further agree that we may use any Content that you post or provide in any manner that we deem appropriate or necessary. We reserve the right to edit or abridge any Content for any reason, and to edit, refuse to post or remove any Content submitted by you or others. We cannot and do not guarantee that we will post all Content submitted or that such Content will not be offensive, defamatory or objectionable. You agree that Kentucky Student Voice Team is not responsible for, and does not endorse, Content posted within the Site. Kentucky Student Voice Team does not have any obligation to prescreen, monitor, edit or remove any Content. Although we reserve the right to remove without notice any Content for any reason, we have no obligation to remove or delete Content that you personally may find objectionable or offensive. We do not control in real time the Content posted via the Services and as such do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. In addition to other disclaimers found in this Agreement, we do not endorse or make any warranties or representations with respect to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any Content posted on the Site.
As between you and Kentucky Student Voice Team, any Content will be non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we will not be liable for any use or disclosure of Content. You acknowledge and agree that your relationship with Kentucky Student Voice Team is not a confidential, fiduciary or other type of special relationship, and that your decision to submit any Content does not place Kentucky Student Voice Team in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public, including with regard to your Content. None of your Content will be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of Kentucky Student Voice Team, and Kentucky Student Voice Team will not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Content you provide.
Kentucky Student Voice Team may aggregate Content with other data and also collect technical information and data about your use of the Site. You expressly agree that Kentucky Student Voice Team may use any aggregated and anonymized data for any purpose during or after the term of this Agreement, including, without limitation, to develop and improve the Site or otherwise develop and improve Kentucky Student Voice Team services and products.
Permissions For Mobile Device Users
If your use of the Site includes use through a mobile device, you hereby consent to and grant us permission to access (but not store or transfer, unless separately authorized by you) photos on your mobile device (including metadata) in order to enable tagging (e.g., date, location) of your posted Content.
Kentucky Student Voice Team Communications
You agree that we may send you communications (via email or through the Site, including SMS text messages if you have opted to receive text messages) regarding your use of the Site and/or certain features of the Site you may be interested in. To the extent you have opted to receive communications, updates and newsletters, you hereby authorize Kentucky Student Voice Team, or those engaged on Kentucky Student Voice Team's behalf, to deliver such communications to you via email, SMS text messages, or through the Site.
Acceptable Use Policy
You agree not to use the Information, Services or the Site to post any Content or take any action or actions that:
- infringe, dilute, misappropriate or otherwise violate any of our privacy, intellectual property, publicity or other personal rights, including, without limitation, copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets or other proprietary information (including unauthorized use of domain names);
- express or imply that any of your statements, activities or causes are endorsed by Kentucky Student Voice Team, without our prior written consent in each instance;
- violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation, or encourage any conduct that could constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability;
- are obscene, libelous, defamatory, threatening, harassing, invasive of privacy, abusive, tortious, hateful, discriminatory, pornographic or advocates violence;
- transmit any trade secret or other material, non-public information about any person, company or entity without the authorization to do so;
- bypass the measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site, including, without limitation, features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on use of the Site or the content therein;
- modify, adapt, sub-license, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Site or Information or otherwise attempt to extract the source code of the software underlying the Site or any part thereof unless expressly permitted or required by law, and in any case, without providing prior written notice to Kentucky Student Voice Team;
- remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Site;
- sublicense, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, or convey any rights under this Agreement to any third party, or otherwise commercially exploit or profit from the Information or content of the Site, or any portion thereof, in any manner whatsoever, except as expressly permitted herein;
- copy, "frame" or "mirror" any part of the Site without our prior written authorization;
- distribute any virus, worm or other similar or deleterious files, scripts or programming routines;
- involve the preparation or distribution of junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or other deceptive or unsolicited bulk or commercial email, or violate in any way the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act (CANSPAM Act of 2003);
- attempt to disrupt, degrade, impair or violate the integrity, functionality or security of the Site or the computers, services, Accounts or networks of any other party (including, without limitation, "hacking," "denial of service" attacks, etc.)
- manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any submission;
- submit to the Site or to Kentucky Student Voice Team any information that may be protected under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, as amended and supplemented ("HIPAA"), or any other information that may be protected from disclosure by applicable law;
- use the Site for any commercial solicitation purposes; and/or
- harvest or collect information about any Site visitors or members, including any personally identifiable information, without their express consent. Improper use of the Site may result in termination of your access to and use of the Site, and/or civil or criminal liabilities.
The Site is owned by Kentucky Student Voice Team and Kentucky Student Voice Team's licensors, and the Information and Services (and any intellectual property and other rights relating thereto) are and will remain the property of Kentucky Student Voice Team and Kentucky Student Voice Team's licensors and suppliers. The Information and Services may be protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark, trade dress, and other intellectual property and unfair competition laws, and you acknowledge that these rights are valid and enforceable. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights in the Site, Services, or Information by using the Site or any Services or Information.
The trademarks, logos and service marks displayed on the Site (collectively, the "Trademarks"), including, but not limited to, Kentucky Student Voice Team and Kentucky Student Voice Team Corporation, are trademarks of Kentucky Student Voice Team, Kentucky Student Voice Team licensors and suppliers, and/or others. Except for the PERMITTED USE OF SERVICES AND INFORMATION stated above, nothing contained in this Agreement or the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark(s) without the express written permission of Kentucky Student Voice Team, Kentucky Student Voice Team licensors or suppliers, or the third-party owner of any such Trademark, except as set forth in this Agreement.
Claims Of Copyright And Trademark Infringement
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the "DMCA") provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by Kentucky Student Voice Team infringe your copyright or trademark rights, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked. The notice must include the following information: (a) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (b) identification of the copyrighted work or trademark claimed to have been infringed (or if multiple copyrighted works located on the Site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works); (c) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow Kentucky Student Voice Team to locate the material on the Site; (d) the name, address, telephone number and email address (if available) of the complaining party; (e) a statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright or trademark owner, its agent or the law; and (f) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. If Kentucky Student Voice Team determines that the materials alleged to infringe your copyright or trademark rights do not require removal, Kentucky Student Voice Team reserves the right to continue to display such materials absent a court order declaring the content or use of the materials unlawful.
If you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against you, the DMCA permits you to send us a counter-notice. Counter-notices must include the following information: (a) your name, address and telephone number; (b) the source of the content that was removed; (c) a statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good-faith belief that the content was removed in error; (d) a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal district court for the judicial district in which your address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which Kentucky Student Voice Team may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided the original complaint; and (e) a physical or electronic signature (for example, typing your full name).
Notices and counter-notices with respect to the Site must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA and should be sent to the agent identified below. We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice or counter-notice. Also, be aware that there can be penalties for false claims under the DMCA.
Kentucky Student Voice Team Inc.
2117 WOODLEY CIR
Lexington, KY 40502-3064
Term & Termination
This Agreement is effective from the date that you first access the Site or submit any information to Kentucky Student Voice Team, whichever is earlier, and shall remain effective until terminated in accordance with its terms. Kentucky Student Voice Team may immediately terminate this Agreement, and/or your access to and use of the Site, or any portion thereof, at any time and for any reason, with or without cause, without prior notice. Kentucky Student Voice Team may also terminate this Agreement immediately if you fail to comply with any term or provision of this Agreement. Upon termination of this Agreement by either party, your right to use the Site shall immediately cease. All disclaimers and all limitations of liability and all Kentucky Student Voice Team rights of ownership shall survive any termination. We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify, discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Site, or any part or portion thereof, with or without notice to you. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site, or any part of portion thereof. Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed to obligate Kentucky Student Voice Team to maintain and support the Site, or any part or portion thereof, during the term of this Agreement.
THE SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE INFORMATION AND SERVICES, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "WITH ALL FAULTS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ANY WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE FROM COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE, AND ANY WARRANTIES THAT THE INFORMATION AND Site ARE CURRENT AND/OR UP TO DATE ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
THERE IS NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE THAT THE SITE, OR YOUR USE OF THE SITE, WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, COMPLETE, ACCURATE, CURRENT, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, SECURE, OR THAT ANY PROBLEMS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE, OR ANY INFORMATION, SOFTWARE OR OTHER MATERIAL ACCESSIBLE FROM THE SITE, ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WE DO NOT WARRANT, GUARANTEE OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION REGARDING THE USE OF, OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF, THE SITE EITHER IN TERMS OF ITS COMPATIBILITY WITH HARDWARE OR OTHER SOFTWARE OR EQUIPMENT, AND YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE Site AND/OR SERVICES AND INFORMATION AND YOUR RELIANCE THEREON.
Limitation Of Liability
NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY OF ANY KIND, NEITHER KENTUCKY STUDENT VOICE TEAM NOR ANY OF ITS LICENSORS, SPONSORS, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, OR ASSIGNS, NOR OUR OR THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES, ARE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS OR LOSS OF DATA) OR LIABILITIES UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHER THEORY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY MANNER TO THE SITE, INFORMATION, SERVICES AND/OR ANY LINKED WEBSITE, WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LIABILITIES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, THE INFORMATION, SERVICES OR ANY LINKED WEBSITE IS TO STOP USING THE SITE, SERVICE OR LINKED WEBSITE, AS APPLICABLE. NEITHER KENTUCKY STUDENT VOICE TEAM NOR ANY OF ITS LICENSORS, SPONSORS, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS OR ASSIGNS, NOR OUR OR THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES WILL HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES, EXPENSES OR OTHER LIABILITY INCURRED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF ANY INACCURACY, INCOMPLETENESS OR MISREPRESENTATION OF ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT, POSTINGS OR SUBMISSIONS PROVIDED OR POSTED ON THE SITE BY THIRD PARTIES.
WHEN INTERACTING WITH OTHER USERS, YOU SHOULD EXERCISE CAUTION AND COMMON SENSE TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL SAFETY AND PROPERTY, JUST AS YOU WOULD WHEN INTERACTING WITH OTHER PERSONS WHOM YOU DO NOT KNOW. NEITHER Kentucky Student Voice Team, ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS NOR THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES NOR ALL OTHER RELATED PERSONS OR ENTITIES ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE, OF ANY USER OF THE SITE, AND YOU HEREBY RELEASE THE FOREGOING PARTIES FROM ANY LIABILITY RELATED THERETO. Kentucky Student Voice Team, ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND ALL OTHER RELATED PERSONS OR ENTITIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, INJURY OR DAMAGE ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE.
IN THE EVENT THAT YOU HAVE A DISPUTE WITH ONE OR MORE OTHER USERS OF THE SITE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DISPUTE BETWEEN USERS REGARDING ANY TRANSACTION OR CONTENT) OR ANY THIRD-PARTY PROVIDER, YOU HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE, REMISE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE Kentucky Student Voice Team, ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND ALL OTHER RELATED PERSONS OR ENTITIES FROM ANY AND ALL MANNER OF RIGHTS, CLAIMS, COMPLAINTS, DEMANDS, CAUSES OF ACTION, PROCEEDINGS, LIABILITIES, OBLIGATIONS, LEGAL FEES, COSTS AND DISBURSEMENTS OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, WHICH NOW OR HEREAFTER ARISE FROM, RELATE TO, OR ARE CONNECTED WITH SUCH DISPUTE.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES AND/OR LIABILITIES, SO CERTAIN OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Kentucky Student Voice Team makes no representation that the Site operates (or is legally permitted to operate) in all geographic areas or that the Site is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Accessing the Site from territories where the Site or any content or functionality of the Site or portion thereof is illegal is expressly prohibited. If you choose to access the Site, you agree and acknowledge that you do so on your own initiative and at your own risk, and that you are solely responsible for compliance with all applicable laws. The Site is operated from the United States. If you are located outside of the United States and choose to use the Site or provide your Content to us, your Content will be transferred, processed and stored in the United States. U.S. privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. Your agreement to the terms of this Agreement followed by your submission of your Content in connection with the Site represents your agreement to this practice. If you do not want your Content transferred to or processed or stored in the United States, you should not use the Site.
Dispute Resolution/Governing Law
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Kentucky, excluding that body of law relating to conflict of laws. For any dispute you have with Kentucky Student Voice Team, you agree to first contact us and attempt to resolve the dispute with us informally. If Kentucky Student Voice Team has not been able to resolve the dispute with you informally, we each agree that any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement, or the breach thereof, will be settled by binding arbitration by the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") under the Commercial Arbitration Rules and Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes then in effect for the AAA, except as provided herein. The arbitration shall be a confidential proceeding, closed to the general public. The arbitration will take place in Lexington, Kentucky. Each party will be responsible for paying any AAA filing, administrative and arbitrator fees. The decision rendered by the arbitrator will be binding upon the parties hereto, and any judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The parties consent to the jurisdiction of all federal and state courts in Kentucky without regard to Kentucky’s conflict of laws principles AND WILL SPECIFICALLY NOT BE GOVERNED BY THE UNITED NATIONS CONVENTIONS ON CONTRACTS FOR THE INTERNATIONAL SALE OF GOODS, IF OTHERWISE APPLICABLE.
Venue will lie exclusively in Lexington, Kentucky. For the sake of clarity, nothing in this paragraph shall affect Kentucky Student Voice Team's ability to seek from a court injunctive or equitable relief at any time.
If any arbitration or other proceeding is brought to enforce or interpret this Agreement or matters relating to it, the substantially prevailing party, as determined by the arbitrator's award, will be entitled to recover reasonable attorneys' fees and other costs and expenses incurred in such arbitration or proceeding from the other party, in addition to any other relief to which such prevailing party is entitled; provided that in no event will the arbitrator have the authority to award punitive damages.
ALL CLAIMS MUST BE BROUGHT IN THE PARTIES' INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING, AND, UNLESS WE AGREE OTHERWISE, THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE MORE THAN ONE PERSON'S CLAIMS. YOU AGREE THAT, BY ENTERING INTO THESE TERMS, YOU AND Kentucky Student Voice Team ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION.
If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. This is the entire Agreement between you and us relating to the subject matter herein and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous written or oral agreements between you and us with respect to such subject matter. This Agreement may not be changed, waived or modified except by Kentucky Student Voice Team as provided herein or otherwise by written instrument signed by Kentucky Student Voice Team. Neither this Agreement nor any right, obligation or remedy hereunder is assignable, transferable, delegable or sublicensable by you except with Kentucky Student Voice Team's prior written consent, and any attempted assignment, transfer, delegation or sublicense shall be null and void.
Kentucky Student Voice Team may assign, transfer or delegate this Agreement or any right or obligation or remedy hereunder in its sole discretion. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. Any heading, caption or section title contained in this Agreement is inserted only as a matter of convenience and in no way defines or explains any section or provision hereof.
This Website Is Operated By
Kentucky Student Voice Team
2117 WOODLEY CIR
Lexington, KY 40502-3064
October 6, 2022